• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Next noob

sevendeuce

Trial post to see if I'm voted off the island. Trial pic to see if anyone else has seen the superfan Hercs yet. I took this pic a good 14 years ago or so.
c130d.jpg

-N8

Last edited:
Hey it's Nate! Who's not a fan of the Hurc.

Welcome aboard, let's see some models we keep hearing about.

Welcome to the Alliance! We don't vote people off the Island here. As the big green lady says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..." All are welcome here!
:coolio1:

Bob got it sorted then. Good!
Welcome, Mr. President! With all the C-130J pictures, one might wonder if a 1/72 Super Hercules build is afoot?

That's no J, count the blades. As I understand, this was one of the experimental 8-bladed H3's in Cheyenne from back when I lived in the thinner air.

-N8

Those builds look really nice Nate! I am basically a fan of WW2 German aircraft, but have a fair number of other types depending on what catches my interest. Usually I stick with 1/32 as I love to do super detail and thus they take a while to build.

I like the Dornier in particular.
What "Sheriff" Nate may be too shy to tell you is that he is the longest suffering President of the IPMS-PTSD Plastic Surgeons, ever. He also is the most prolific 1/72 scale airplane modeler I know. His skill with natural metal finishes rivals that of Frank Miller.
Ask him about his P-51 Mustang models.

We are lobbying heads of hobby industry for main-stream, injection molded 1/72 Grumman F7F Tigercat and Consolidated B-32 Dominator model kits.

Back